This matter applies to foreigners within China who do not currently hold a valid passport or other international travel documentation due to loss, damage, theft, invalidation, or other reasons which cannot be reissued at their embassy or consulate in China.
1. One original copy of Application Form for Foreigner's Visa Certificate with a 2-inch (3.5*5.3 cm) recently-taken color photo (bare-head, full face) against a white background. Prepare a separate identical photo for the actual production of the certificate.
2. The applicant must have previously completed their accommodation registration either at a local police station or hotel in the city.
1. If the passport has been lost or stolen, one original copy of Certificate of Loss of Passport or a note from the embassy of the country in China must be submitted (the original is for examination purposes only).
2. If the passport has been damaged, the original copy of the damaged passport or a note from the embassy of the country in China must be provided (the original is for examination purposes only).
Steps,Time,Address and Fees
1. Processing time and location
Time: 09: 00-17: 00 from Monday to Saturday. Other statutory holidays will be notified at a later date.
Address: Exit and Entry Administration Reception Hall, Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau: No. 2 Andingmen East Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing
Acceptance of application – review and decision – issuance and delivery of permit, 7 working days in total.
CNY ¥100 per permit.
1. The applicant must ensure that the application materials provided are true and accurate.
2. (1) Original application materials must be submitted for examination.(2) Materials in foreign languages (excluding English) must be translated into Chinese.