There are three new cultural spaces in Beihai Park: Painted Boat (Huafang) Studio, Yuegu Tower, and Haopu Greek (Haopujian) Garden.
Painted Boat (Huafang) Studio was built in the 22nd year of Emperor Qianlong in the Qing Dynasty. Its name was originated from the famous essay Huafang Zhai Ji (Story of the Painted Boat Studio) of Ouyang Xiu, a renowned Chinese essayist and poet of the Song Dynasty. The main hall is named Chunyulin Hall, the plaque of which was inscribed by Emperor Qianlong personally. The two side halls are "Jingxiang (fragrance of mirror) Room" and "Guanmiao (viewing wonders) Room".
Haopu Greek (Haopujian) Garden, a garden within gardens, was built in the 22nd year of Emperor Qianlong (1757). It was once a place for recreation, reading, enjoying the scenery, and watching folk art performances in the Qing Dynasty.
Yuegu Tower, a calligraphy museum on the northwest side of the Jade Flower Island in Beihai Park, preserves the stone carvings of calligraphers' masterpieces of different dynasties. The most famous work is Sanxitang Fatie. (Sanxitang: Hall of Three Rarities; Fatie: model Chinese characters).
This year, Beihai Park completed the renovation of ancient buildings, the restoration of indoor exhibitions, and the improvement and upgrading of the tour guide system.
Address: No.1 Wenjin Street, Xicheng District, Beijing
VR link: https://v.visitbeijing.com.cn/pano/14_1/index.html (copy link to browser for access)