Since December 28th, 2017, sanctioned by the State Council, Shanghai Municipality, Jiangsu Province and Zhejiang Province, Beijing Municipality, Tianjin Municipality and Hebei Province, and certain ports in Liaoning Province has implemented a visa-free transit policy for foreign passengers from 53 countries who hold both valid international travel documents and a ticket for a connection to a third country (or region) that will leave within 144 hours of their arrival.
According to the provisions of the Ministry of Public Security, foreign passengers applying for 144-hour visa free transit must meet the following conditions:
1.must be citizens of one of the 53 countries qualified by the provisions
2.must hold valid international travel documents which can prove their nationality.
3.must hold a ticket for a connection to a third country (or region) that will leave within 144 hours of his/her arrival.
An eligible passenger can transfer via any of the following ports of entry including:
-Beijing Capital International Airport, Tianjin Binhai International Airport, Tianjin International Cruise Home Port, Shijiazhuang Zhengding International Airport and Qinhuangdao Sea Port, and stay within the administrative precincts of Beijing Municipality, Tianjin Municipality and Hebei Province for 144 hours.
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport, Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal, Shanghai Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal, Shanghai Railway Station, Nanjing Lukou International Airport and Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport, and stay within the administrative precincts of Shanghai Municipality, Jiangsu Province and Zhejiang Province for 144 hours.
- Shenyang Taoxian International Airport and Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport, and stay within the administrative precincts of Liaoning Province for 144 hours.
53 Applicable Countries
24 Schengen Agreement Countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
15 Other European Countries: Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia (FYROM), Albania, Belarus, Monaco.
the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile.
Australia, New Zealand
Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, Qatar.
During the visa-exemption transit, foreign nationals
1. must abide by Chinese laws and regulations
2. must not leave the specified area of stay or overstay the visa-exemption period
3. must register accommodation in accordance with the law in the first 24 hours of entry
4. violation of relevant provisions will be handled by the immigration inspection authority or local security authority.