144-Hour Visa-Free Transit



In order to better implement the Belt and Road Initiative and Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei coordinated development plan, and build a more convenient environment for entry and exit, with the approval of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China, the transit without visa policy for foreigners holding effective international travel documents, determining dates in 144 hours has been implemented in Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei.

53 Countries

  • Europe(39):24 Schengen Agreement Countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland

  • 15 Other European Countries: Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia (FYROM), Albania, Belarus, Monaco.

  • America(6):the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile.

  • Oceania(2):Australia, New Zealand

  • Asia(6):Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, Qatar.

Documents for Application

  • Valid passport issued by 53 countries mentioned above

  • Visa for a third country or region

  • A fully completed Arrival/Departure Card (including name, nationality, passport no., visa no., issuance place, flight no., purpose of visit, date of birth, gender)

  • An onward ticket with confirmed seat is needed

Port of Entry and Exit

  • Beijing:Beijing Capital International Airport,Beijing West Railway Station.

  • Tianjin:Tianjin Binhai International Airport,Tianjin International Cruise Home Port.

  • Hebei:Shijiazhuang Zhengding International Airport,Qinhuangdao Port.


Inform the airlines when boarding→Fill an Arrival / Departure Card→Apply the 144-hour permit→Claim the luggage and go through→Leave airport


Upon arrival, find the 144-hour visa-free counter at the immigration inspection to apply for the stay permit, which will be stamped in your passport indicating the maximum length of stay. Remember to tell the officer if you have a visa for China but don't want to use it this time.


Hot Recommend