Grand View Garden Temple Fair, also known as the Red Chamber Temple Fair, has been successfully held for twenty-one sessions since 1996. Grand View Garden or Red Chamber Temple Fair is a traditional Chinese folk culture event that integrates folk arts, religious beliefs, material exchange and culture and entertainment. The temple fair’s content includes: art performances, flower fair, local snacks, folk activities and so on. Among them, the ancient costume show called Homecoming by an Imperial Concubine is a traditional and unique performance of Grand View Garden Temple Fair.
Grand View Garden or Red Mansion Temple Fair in Beijing showcase is themed with the Dream of the Red Chamber culture. During the temple fair, the Grand View Garden, the eastern and western stages will have traditional culture, the Dream of the Red Chamber culture and folk culture performances every morning and afternoon.
The layout of the garden mainly features the festival cultural activities, supplemented by meeting the holiday shopping needs of tourists. As the iconic program of the Grand View Garden Temple Fair, the ancient costume show Homecoming by an Imperial Concubine will present the Dream of the Red Chamber-themed performances such as the Wedding of Jia Baoyu and Lin Daiyu, Celebrating Birthday for Grandmother Jia to tourists every morning, which will be the climax of the Red Chamber Temple Fair.
The temple fair creates a variety of innovative forms, including the Homecoming by an Imperial Concubine, the Wedding of JiaBaoyu and Lin Daiyu, and the Meeting of Baoyu and Daiyu, to make everyone who comes here feel the charms of the Red Mansion culture. The classic cultural garden Grand View Garden, built based on A Dream in Red Mansions, took the lead in constructing garden according to a famous literary work, so that Grand View Garden boasts an incomparable cultural implication. We believe that the temple fair here will bring you a totally different festive experience.
1. Theme with displaying the Red Chamber culture, the temple fair actively promotes the development of the holiday economy in the region, and shows the spirit and outlook of new Beijing and new Xicheng District.
2. The classic cultural garden built based on the Dream of the Red Chamber makes everyone who come here feel the charms of the Red Chamber culture.
3. During the temple fair, the Grand View Garden, the eastern and western stages will stage traditional culture, Red Mansion culture and folk culture performances every morning and afternoon.
4. Intangible cultural heritages show: block prints, facial makeup in operas, shadow play, paper-cuttings and so on.
5. Set up stalls to sell handicrafts, books, videos, local snacks to tourists.
Address: Grand View Garden, No. 12 Nancaiyuan Street, Xicheng District西城区南菜园街12号大观园
Opening Hours: expected from February 16 to February 20 (the first to fifth day of the lunar year)
Ticket: 40 yuan (students with student ID card or citizens with senior citizen card enjoy half price)
Take bus No. 56,59,122,351, Speical 3,922,939,423,721 or other lines to the Grand View Garden Stop
Scan the QR Code to Follow